Softship's privacy statement
Softship's privacy statement
May 22, 2018
§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) The following information concerns the collection of personal data while using this website. Personal data are all data that can be personally related to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The responsible officer pursuant to Article 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is email@example.com (see our legal notice).
(3) When you contact us by email or using a contact form, the data you give us (your email address, your name and phone number if applicable) is stored by us in order to answer your question. When storage is no longer necessary, we will delete the applicable data or restrict the processing of it if legal retention requirements apply.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our web-based services, or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you below in detail about the respective processes, naming the defined criteria for storage duration.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us with regard to your personal data:
• Right to information,
• Right to correction or deletion,
• Right to restriction of processing,
• Right to refusal of processing,
• Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with a data protection regulatory body.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you are only using the website for information and do not register or transmit information to us in any other way, we only collect the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data that are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and guarantee its stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR):
• IP address
• Date and time of the enquiry
• Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• Content of the request (specific page)
• Access status / HTTP status code
• Quantity of data transferred in each case
• The website from which the request comes
• Operating system and its interface
• Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your PC when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your hard drive in association with the browser you use and through which particular information is transmitted to the location setting the cookie (in this case by us). Cookies cannot run programmes or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet presence more user-friendly and effective in general.
a) This website uses the following kinds of cookies, the scope and mode of operation of which are explained below:
• Transient cookies (see b)
• Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. They save a so-called session ID that links different enquiries from your browser to a common session. This means that your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a set period, which can vary according to the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website
§ 4 Other functions and offers on our website
(1) As well as the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you may use if they interest you. To do so, you must generally provide further personal data, which we use in order to provide the respective service and to which the above-mentioned principles of data processing apply.
(2) We sometimes use external service providers to process your data. They have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound to our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) We can also pass your personal data on to third parties if we offer contract conclusions or similar services together with partners. You can find more information about this if you enter your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
(4) If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Revocation or withdrawal of consent to the processing of your data
(1) If you have agreed to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. After you have pronounced it to us, the revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal information on consideration of interests, you can revoke your consent to processing. This is the case, in particular, if processing is not necessary for fulfilment of a contract with you, which is always outlined by us in the subsequent description of the functions. When exercising the right of revocation, we ask you to cite the reasons why we should not process your personal information as we have previously done. In the case of a justified revocation, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust the data processing or convey to you our protection-worthy and necessary reasons for continuing the processing.
(3) Of course, you can revoke consent to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us of your advertising revocation at the following contact points:
P.O. Box 52 07 51